- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welds, screws) or liquid adhesives for transparent applications
- Gray, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), low temp applicable acrylic adhesive on a conformable, acrylic foam core
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and associated clean-up
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
Dream, Design, Deliver with our 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4943F. It is a gray, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), low temp appliable adhesive on both sides of a conformable, acrylic foam core. It can replace rivets, welds and screws. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a variety of surfaces.
- General purpose bonding
- Decorative material and trim
- Attach roof to roof bows
- Nameplates and logos
- Panel to frame
- Stiffener to panel3M VHB Tape 4943F can be used on a wide variety of substrates
WHAT DOES VHB TAPE STAND FOR?
Very High Bond
WHAT IS 3M™ VHB™ TAPE USED FOR?
3M™ VHB™ tape is used to bond, seal and attach substrates including - metals, plastics and glass. VHB tapes are often used to replace mechanical fastening methods such as screws, rivets, welding etc. due to their high performance.
BEFORE SELECTING A VHB TAPE, WHAT FACTORS SHOULD YOU CONSIDER?
If you haven't previously used a VHB tape before for this specific application. You should consider the following before purchasing - what substrates are being bonded, the environment in which it will be used, the application, the temperature it will be in and weight of the load it needs to hold.
WHAT LOAD CAN VHB TAPE SUPPORT?
Typically, 25 sq. cm per 1Kg for non-critical indoor applications i.e. 10cm of 2.5cm wide tape per 1Kg of weight, and 60 sq. cm per 1Kg for outdoor and critical indoor applications i.e. 24cm of 2.5cm tape per 1Kg of weight.