3M™ VHB™ 5925F tape is easy-to-use and offers a permanent bonding method. With proven high strength and long-term durability, the VHB tape has many features and benefits -
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Strong replacement for traditional/ mechanical fastening methods (rivets, welding, screws)
- Very conformable acrylic foam core bonds to a wide variety of substrates including powder coated paints and irregular surfaces
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more by offering better gap filling capabilities
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
Convenience Meets Extreme Bonding Power
3M™ VHB™ Tape is able to adhere to a broad range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS and painted or sealed wood and concrete. This bonding tape provide excellent shear strength, conformability, surface adhesion and temperature resistance.
It is commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial. It reliably bonds a variety of materials with strength and speed for permanent applications.
WHAT DOES VHB TAPE STAND FOR?
Very High Bond
WHAT IS 3M™ VHB™ TAPE USED FOR?
3M™ VHB™ tape is used to bond, seal and attach substrates including - metals, plastics and glass. VHB tapes are often used to replace mechanical fastening methods such as screws, rivets, welding etc. due to their high performance.
BEFORE SELECTING A VHB TAPE, WHAT FACTORS SHOULD YOU CONSIDER?
If you haven't previously used a VHB tape before for this specific application. You should consider the following before purchasing - what substrates are being bonded, the environment in which it will be used, the application, the temperature it will be in and weight of the load it needs to hold.
WHAT LOAD CAN VHB TAPE SUPPORT?
Typically, 25 sq. cm per 1Kg for non-critical indoor applications i.e. 10cm of 2.5cm wide tape per 1Kg of weight, and 60 sq. cm per 1Kg for outdoor and critical indoor applications i.e. 24cm of 2.5cm tape per 1Kg of weight.