What are 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are positive locking, hidden fasteners designed for use in a variety of attachment solutions. They consist of continuous strips of polyolefin stems with a mushroom shaped top protruding up from the backing. When snapped together the mushroom shaped caps interlock producing a strong reliable Fastener.
There are three different stem densities of the standard fasteners, referring to the approximate number of stems per square inch, as follows:
By inter-locking different stem density combinations you can create the strength that suits your application; more total stems give higher strength.
The Dual Lock Reclosable fasteners can be mated in the following combinations of increasing closure strength: Type 170 to Type 250, Type 170 to Type 400, Type 250 to Type 250 and Type 250 to Type 400.
The 3M Dual Lock Low Profile has one stem density of approximately 705 stems per square inch and they have been designed to interlock to themselves and not with the standard 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener.
These 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener products utilize a variety of pressure sensitive adhesives to cover most application needs. The pressure sensitive adhesive makes the Dual Lock easy to use, simply remove the liner, place the 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener and apply firm consistent pressure to assure good contact with the substrate you are adhering.
Dual Lock Offers Many Features Including :
- Easy Alignment: 3M™ Dual Lock™ Fasteners engage in any direction or position. The mushroom stems slide into position until they are engaged by snapping together applying firm pressure, this eliminates concerns about misalignment or spontaneous engagement.
- Positive Locking: 3M Dual Lock fasteners engage/fasten with an audible snap and detectable movement assuring complete and secure closure.
- Reclosability: 3M Dual Lock fasteners can be opened and closed for multiple closure applications (high cycle life).
- Blind Attachment: 3M Dual Lock fasteners can be attached on the backside of substrate (i.e. trim piece) where it will not interrupt the show surface.
- Rattle-Free: 3M Dual Lock fasteners will not rattle loose.
- Ease of Assembly: 3M Dual Lock fasteners can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, reducing the number of parts and the assembly time.
- Adjustable Strength: By selecting the stem density of 3M Dual Lock fasteners the fastener can be designed to meet the needs of the designer.
- Product Forms: 3M Dual Lock fasteners come in a variety of forms: Pressure Sensitive, Various Pop-in Stems Designs, Die Cut Shapes, and Slide-In construction.
- Attachment Methods: The wide varieties of 3M Dual Lock fasteners allow a design engineer flexibility to be able use and attach 3M Dual Lock to just about any substrate or application.
Castle TIS stock a wide range of 3M™ Dual Lock™ tapes. Dual Lock™ is brilliant for replacing unsightly mechanical fixings throughout signage and display, transportation and machinery markets (to name but a few).
Dual Lock is a reclosable alternative to:
Dual lock tape is approximately 10x stronger than conventional hook and loop systems. The mushroom-shaped heads interlock to fasten securely with an audible ‘snap’. Reclosable fasteners can up opened and closed up to 1,000 times before losing 50% of their original strength.